Saturday, August 2, 2014

Masts and the Lighthouse



Back in February I gathered together with a group of other moms and we indulged in food, each other and Jesus.  It was an incredible weekend full of life and clarity all in relation to being woman that is a mom.  It was beautiful.

One precious sister asked us to ask the Lord, "What do You have for me now?"  We could ask for pictures, words, thoughts, etc.

I was asking the Lord specifically about my girls and what He saw my role as currently as a mom.

I quickly saw a mast of a ship as I prayed.  Then I saw a lighthouse.  I wrote it down and thanked the Lord for being so concrete and specific.

Later we had time to actually meet with the Lord at length.  I quickly googled "mast."  And what I found was profound.

Mast: gives necessary height to a navigation light; look out; control position. 


The Lord quickly brought clarity to the vision.  I am the Mast on my ship and He is the Lighthouse. 

It is my job to give necessary height for my people to see HIM...His light.  I am the look out.  I am in a position of control that should only ever be leading to the Lighthouse.

Over the last several months I have struggled to the be mast on my ship.  How do you elevate everything in a day for everyone to see the Lighthouse?  How do you elevate a temper tantrum?  How do you elevate hunger and whining?  How do you elevate disobedience?  How do you be the mast that carries the sail that leads to Lighthouse???

It is an important job.  It is a necessary job.  But it cannot be done without the wind of grace, mercy, joy, etc.  It cannot be done without the Spirit.  And there is no point in being a mast of a ship unless you believe that the Lighthouse is your goal and your guide.  Being a mast and not carrying a sail that leads to the Lighthouse is pointless. 

Not long after this weekend I was introduced to Rend Collective and their song My Lighthouse.

In my wrestling and in my doubts
In my failures You won't walk out
Your great love will lead me through
You are the peace in my troubled sea
You are the peace in my troubled sea

In the silence, You won't let go
In my questions, Your truth will hold
Your great love will lead me through
You are the peace in my troubled sea
You are the peace in my troubled sea

My Lighthouse, my lighthouse
Shining in the darkness, I will follow You
My Lighthouse, my Lighthouse
I will trust the promise,
You will carry me safe to shore (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
Safe to shore (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
Safe to shore (Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)
Safe to shore

I won't fear what tomorrow brings
With each morning I'll rise and sing
My God's love will lead me through
You are the peace in my troubled sea
You are the peace in my troubled sea

Fire before us, You're the brightest
You will lead us safe to shore

Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/rend-collective-experiment-lyrics-my-lighthouse-lhtph63#ixzz39IxDt4oF
LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community 


This song ruined me and gave more purpose to my job as the mast.  The Spirit is my sail and I have to commune with Him, but Jesus is my guide.  I have to trust in Him. 

I am to always be looking for the Lighthouse...and elevating all things to the necessary height to see the Lighthouse.

I honestly have no idea how to do this.  I don't even know how to do this in peaceful times sometimes.  But I know that the Lighthouse Light is much brighter than any of the other ships, starts or moon. 

I will be able to do my job as a mast only by surrendering to reality of the Lighthouse. 

 It would be so much easier to let things be the way they are.  To let our little ship do it's own little thing and have ourselves one big deck party.  But then there is a Lighthouse beckoning us home.  It would be foolish to ignore it. 

No comments: